ESR paper on structured reporting in radiology
Structured reporting is emerging as a key element of optimising radiology’s contribution to patient outcomes and ensuring the value of radiologists’ work. This ESR statement aims to define the requirements for a successful structured reporting strategy.
- Standardisation of radiology report structure ensures completeness and comparability of reports.
- Use of standardised language in reports minimises ambiguity.
- Structured reporting facilitates automatic functions, integration with other clinical parameters and data sharing.
- International and inter-society cooperation is key to developing successful structured report templates.
- Integration with industry providers of radiology-reporting software is also crucial.
Author: European Society of Radiology (ESR)